Place one call and access our extensive inventory of 10,000 new parts and components for all grinder types and brands
Get the Grinder Parts and Components You Need
Dressing Cams For Centerless Grinders
Dressing cams are an essential component of the grinding process. They are used to dress the grinding wheel, which is the process of removing material from the surface of the wheel to expose a fresh layer of abrasive particles. This helps to improve the grinding performance and extend the life of the wheel. Dressing cams are available in a variety of shapes and sizes, and can be used with all brands of centerless grinders. The cam shape is critical to the dressing process, as it determines the pattern and amount of material removed from the wheel. It is important to choose the right dressing cam for the application to ensure optimal results. A dressing cam produces a path for the dresser to follow. Selecting the right cam profile requires experience.
We Offer Dressing Cams Suitable For A Variety Of Centerless Grinder Brands
GCH Tool can provide dressing cams suitable for a variety of centerless grinder brands, like Cincinnati Milacron, Landis, Gold Crown, and more. With more than 10,000 new grinder parts in inventory, GCH Tool is ready to provide the parts you need to keep your grinding business in operation.
- CINCINNATI MILACRON
- BROWNE & SHARPE
- GOLD CROWN
- JONES AND LAMSON
- VAN NORMAN
- WARNER & SWASEY
- and much more
Few Tips For Selecting The Right Dressing Cam For A Centerless Grinder:
- A lead angle on the front or back of a throughfeed centerless application can solve many quality issues.
- A worn-out cam will cause a wheel to be dressed incorrectly, resulting in scrap parts.
- Choose a cam that is suitable for the type of material you will be grinding.
- Consider the size of your grinding wheel when selecting a dressing cam. Make sure the cam you choose is compatible with your wheel size.
- Select a cam that will provide the desired dressing pattern for your application. For example, if you need a fine finish, choose a cam with a fine dressing pattern.
- Consider the level of accuracy you require for your grinding application when selecting a dressing
- cam. A cam with a fine dressing pattern is best for applications that require high precision.
- If you will be using the centerless grinder frequently, consider choosing a durable dressing cam that can withstand frequent use.
- Choose a dressing cam that fits within your budget while still meeting your requirements.
Speak with one of our experienced sales engineers